We are excited to announce that we’re partnering with Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Foundation (CPARF) and taking the STEPtember Challenge! It will be our first year stepping up as a nonprofit partner and we look forward to raising funds and awareness for Expedition Empower and cerebral palsy.
You may or may not know but two of our board members were born with cerebral palsy so this is a cause near and dear to our hearts.
We are proud that our STEPtember participation will not only support our mission but will also move cerebral palsy research forward. We hope that you will join us! STEPtember is totally virtual. It’s a great way for us to come together as a community, raise our heartbeats, and much needed funds for cerebral palsy.
Through this partnership, Expedition Empower will receive 70% of all donations made to our STEPtember team and 30% will go to CPARF. Support our work by supporting our team! Let’s make a difference together!
- The STEPtember Challenge is an amazing way to come together as a community and show everyone the real power of people with cerebral palsy.
- Join 20,000 people around the country — and thousands more around the world — to move in ways that work for you while raising funds for cerebral palsy all September long.
- You can roll, dance, do yoga, head to PT, clean your house, lift weights, swim, and more to make a total of 10,000 steps a day.
- Those are just a few of the more than 60 inclusive activities that convert to steps. And if you do an activity and don’t see it on the list, just pick the closest equivalent and you’re all set.
- You can get moving with friends or take this on as a solo adventure.
- When you choose to fundraise, you’re making a huge difference for Expedition Empower and cerebral palsy research.
- People with cerebral palsy all have our own ways of moving. (Share your favorite or what inspires you.)
- STEPtember allows people with all ability levels to participate.
- The challenge allows those of us living with a disability, to take part of our future into our own hands. By supporting us during this challenge, you are putting your weight behind a really important cause.
- CPARF is also funding science that can potentially ease chronic pain, make it easier for many to communicate, and clear the way for quicker diagnoses. By stepping up, we are showing just how important and valuable we are. We’re showing how much we matter.
Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Foundation (CPARF) funds the brightest US researchers to change what’s possible for cerebral palsy (CP). Despite being the world’s most common lifelong physical disability and affecting 18 million people, cerebral palsy is one of the most underfunded conditions. As the foremost organization in the world that focuses solely on cerebral palsy research, CPARF funds and supports the researchers who will positively reshape what it’s like to live with CP.
Funds raised during STEPtember will support Expedition Empower and our mission as well as supporting Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Foundation (CPARF), a US-based nonprofit that’s the foremost organization in the world solely focused on cerebral palsy research.
- CPARF funds research across the lifespan for people with cerebral palsy. Some research areas include chronic pain, technology, and early detection/early intervention.
- CPARF aims to change what’s possible for cerebral palsy through research.
- CPARF is motivated to help people with cerebral palsy of all ages by funding science that will positively reshape what it’s like to live with CP.
If you have any questions about STEPtember, CPARF, or Expedition Empower, do not hesitate to reach out.